Twitter Facebook Youtube

Visas and Immigration


Llandrillo Menai International holds a UK Visas and Immigration Sponsor Licence to recruit students from overseas.

You will need to apply for a visa to enter the UK that allows you to study whilst you are here.

There are two main types of study visa:

  • Tier 4 Visa
  • Short-term Study Visa

The type of visa you need will depend upon the course that you have applied for.

Your offer letter will tell you which type of visa you need for the course you will be studying.

For information about the different visas and how to apply for them you should visit the UKVI webpage.

Your visa application will be made online via the UKVI webpage.  Before you apply for your visa it is important that you read the information on their website to ensure that you meet all of the requirements to be able to obtain a UK visa.  If you are applying to study with Llandrillo Menai International through an Educational Agent in your home country they should also be able to help you.


The UK government has announced important changes to language testing for visa applications, reducing the number of tests accepted for visa purposes and bringing in new requirements for the way the tests will be administered. Before applying for an IELTS test candidates should check that they are taking the correct test:-

IELTS General Training for UKVI – for study below degree level – students studying International Foundation Programme, Access or Level 3 course such as A Levels or BTEC at Llandrillo Menai International.
IELTS Academic for UKVI – for students who are progressing onto a Degree or Postgraduate course at a UK University and HEIs, where they require you to take an IELTS test to meet their entry requirements.  Check with the institution for their current requirements. This test can also be used for entry onto Level 3 courses.

Test centres are based in the UK and countries around the world.

If you are booking an IELTS test online for visa purposes, you need to go to the official IELTS website address to book your test: 

We advise all students to take the IELTS Academic for UKVI test regardless of the Level of course you are applying for.

If you do not take the correct test, you will not be able to apply for your visa.

A sample of the correct type of IELTS certificate can be found here.

Tuberculosis Screening for Visa purposes

You will need to have a Tuberculosis (TB) test if you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months and are resident in any of these countries.

Further information about TB screening can be found on the UKVI Website.

We have produced a guide to Student Visas that can be found here. | Designed by Worldspan Creative